I’m extremely excited to be back in the U.S. and to take a few moments to update you regarding our campaign for the 2nd District House seat. (When I say “our” campaign, I truly mean our campaign. This is not about me…but, rather about citizens working together and truly being represented by a “citizen candidate” with extensive real world experience.)
Before I update you, however, a brief summary of the trip Hope and I took to Romania for the last 9 days. We knew it wouldn’t be the best campaign strategy to kick-off our campaign and then leave the country during this critical period of time. We had made a commitment, however, to this trip months before we decided to enter this race. Without going into specifics, we have been involved in Romania for over 5 years. We have focused on leadership training, orphan issues, and church planting. We had a wonderful trip…and had the privilege of leading a conference with over 60 Romanian attendees. In addition, what a humbling experience to ensure winter clothing was distributed (collected by Bremen school students) in below zero weather to children who have literally nothing. So, thank you for your patience with us as we took time out of the campaign to do, what we think, is very important work.
NOW – Full steam ahead with our very important campaign! Let me provide you with a few examples of the many activities which will be taking place over the next 2 weeks:
- On January 31, I was interviewed in the studios of WSBT-TV and WNDU-TV and provided them T.V. content which was aired that evening as well as on the morning of February 1. Additionally, Fox News used footage from our kick-off event at Bremen Castings, Inc. and utilized a phone interview to include in their January 31 evening news.
- On most days over the next 2 weeks, we have radio interviews set up with stations around the district. The 2 “most close to home” this week are a live interview with Bob Montgomery on 960am at 7:45 a.m. on Tuesday, February 2…and a 9:45 – 11:00 a.m. interview with Kathy Bottorff on 1050am on Thursday, February 4.
- Prominent Billboards highlighting our campaign will be in place around the district by Friday, February 5.
- We will be running approximately 15 to 20 sixty-second radio ads per day on prominent radio stations around the district. We are advertising on stations whose listeners fit our Republican primary voters’ demographics.
- In addition to consistently updating our web-site, we will be launching our campaign Facebook site by Thursday, February 4.
- We will have our first “introduction” direct mailing going out next week to core Republican primary voters.
- Grassroots campaign tools (bumper stickers, yard signs, etc.) will be available to be distributed around the district starting Friday, February 12.
THE ASK – At this point we would ask for your help in 2 ways:
#1 – Please forward this e-mail to friends and family around the district who might be saying “Enough is Enough” with current policies and politicians. They can certainly learn more about our campaign by going to www.jackjordanforcongress2010.com.
#2 – Once on our web-site, please consider volunteering and/or contributing to our campaign. We have no “political operatives” involved in this campaign…just citizens like you and me driving this campaign to victory!